Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
ADVERTISEMENT OF 12 MONTHS POSITIONS FOR EXPANDED PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAMME IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Application are hereby invited from suitable qualified candidates for EPWP work opportunities up to 31 March 2023.
2. Applications should be addressed to the relevant center (Hospital) where are the position is advertised and should be addressed to the relevant hospital as per the address list provided.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be required to come for an interview, at which time, certified copies of all relevant qualification and copy of ID must be submitted.
4. Applications should be addressed to the relevant centre where the position is advertised as per the address list provided.
5. Applicants should complete separate application form where more than one position is applied for. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
6. The monthly stipend is in terms of Clause 1.2 (c) of Government Gazette No. 44136 of 2021. Successful candidates will be expected to work eight (8) hours per day
7. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Applicants responding to this circular should quote circular number and position number as reference on the Z83 application form.
9. The closing date for the application is 29 July 2022
▪︎A minimum of Abet ▪︎Exposure in hospital environment and patient care will be an added advantage. ▪︎Inherent requirements of job: Ability to lift persons of varying weights; Ability to lift and move heavy equipment and supplies. Ability to work with heavy duty Laundry/cleaning equipment. Willing to work with human excreta, fluids including blood. Willingness to work with and ability to lift corpses of varying weights. Ability to operate machinery (lawnmowers and weed-eaters). Ability to be on your feet for a period up to 12 hours per day. Must be able to work shifts (including night duty, weekends and public holidays). Willingness to work extra hours on short notice.
B) Knowledge and skills
▪︎Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles, Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993. ▪︎Good communication and customer skills. ▪︎Waste Management
Key Performance Areas: ▪︎Perform any of the following duties and/or any other general duties as allocated and directed from time to time per operation needs of the facility.
A) Porter ▪︎Transport patients using stretcher or wheelchair to / from wards or departments or any other area of the health facility. ▪︎Take corpses to the mortuary ▪︎Clean / wash stretcher and wheelchairs ▪︎Minor maintenance of stretcher and wheelchairs
B) Laundry ▪︎Accurate recording of all incoming and outgoing linen on a daily basis to hospital, clinics and EMS services. ▪︎Correct handing, receiving and dispatch of soiled and clean linen to the wards and clinics according to internal protocol and infection control measures. ▪︎Cleaning of laundry and laundry equipment on daily basis. ▪︎Follow and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations
C) Mortuary Attendant ▪︎Render mortuary services: Receiving, handling and storage of corpses. ▪︎Ensure mortuary cool room is in good working order. ▪︎Collect and transport corpses to the mortuary ▪︎Report all faulty or broken equipment to your supervisor immediately. ▪︎Release and keep record of corpses handed over to next of kin. ▪︎Load and offload corpses. ▪︎Keep proper identification and maintain accurate of records in the field of work. ▪︎Mainten equipment: Clean equipment ▪︎Safe keeping of equipment ▪︎Ensure infection, prevention and control environment in line with relevant policies. ▪︎Perform household activities within the mortuary ▪︎Perform cleaning services ▪︎Render sluice functions (human excreta fluids including blood) including preparation of corpses.
D) Ward Attendant ▪︎Perform household activities with the ward ▪︎Perform cleaning services ▪︎Render sluice functions (human excreta fluids including blood)
Botlokwa Hospital 015 527 8000 Private Bag X544 DWARSRIVER 0812
Capricorn District 015 290 9000 Private Bag X9530 POLOKWANE 0700